Terms of Service
We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service or to impose new conditions on use of the Site, from time to time, in which case we will post the revised Terms of Service on this website. By continuing to use the Site after we post any such changes, you accept the Terms of Service, as modified.
IF YOU ARE A USER LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, SWITZERLAND OR UNITED KINGDOM, THE GENERAL DATA PROCESSING ADDDENDUM ACCOMPANIES THESE TERMS AND SETS FORTH OTHER TERMS OF OUR AGREEMENT THAT APPLY SOLELY TO THE EXTENT ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO THIS WEBSITE OR ITS THIRD PARTY PLUGINS, SUCH AS CALENDLY, INCLUDES PERSONAL DATA OF INDIVIDUALS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, SWITZERLAND AND THE UNITED KINGDOM.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Limited License to You
This Site and all the materials available on the Site are the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal noncommercial use. You may not use the Site or the materials available on the Site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in these Terms of Service or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email, social media, or other electronic means) any material from the Site. You may, however, from time to time, download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Your License to Us
By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries/comments, photos and videos) to us via the Site, you are representing: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and (ii) that you are thirteen years of age or older. In addition, when you submit or post any material, you are granting us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of such rights, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address or screen name, as we deem appropriate. We will attempt to contact the submitter of any artwork we plan to use in any promotion and will credit you when sharing the work on social media.
You acknowledge and agree that any contributions originally created by you for us shall be deemed a “work made for hire” when the work performed is within the scope of the definition of a work made for hire in Section 101 of the United States Copyright Law, as amended. As such, the copyrights in those works shall belong to COMPANY from their creation. Thus, COMPANY shall be deemed the author and exclusive owner thereof and shall have the right to exploit any or all of the results and proceeds in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in all languages, as COMPANY determines. In the event that any of the results and proceeds of your submissions hereunder are not deemed a “work made for hire” under Section 101 of the Copyright Act, as amended, you hereby, without additional compensation, irrevocably assign, convey and transfer to COMPANY all proprietary rights, including without limitation, all copyrights and trademarks throughout the universe, in perpetuity in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, to such material and any and all right, title and interest in and to all such proprietary rights in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity. Any posted material which are reproductions of prior works by you shall be co-owned by us.
You acknowledge that COMPANY has the right but not the obligation to use and display any postings or contributions of any kind and that COMPANY may elect to cease the use and display of any such materials (or any portion thereof), at any time for any reason whatsoever.
By using the Website, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to this Website. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
Limitations on Linking and Framing.
You may establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by us or by the Site. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the content of the Site, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content or intellectual property.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. By linking to these websites, we do not create or have an affiliation with, or sponsor such third party websites, BEYOND THE POSSIBILITY OF A SMALL COMMISSION OR ROYALTY FOR AFFILIATE LINKS (such as Amazon). The inclusion of links within our Website does not constitute any endorsement, guarantee, warranty, or recommendation of such third party websites. Our COMPANY has no control over the legal documents and privacy practices of third party websites; as such, you access any such third party websites at your own risk.
Throughout the Site, we may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, neither we nor affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through the Site or on websites linked to by us on the Site.
If applicable, any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors, and not COMPANY. Neither COMPANY nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. Furthermore, COMPANY neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on any of the Sites by anyone other than an authorized COMPANY representative while acting in his/her official capacity.
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND BY THIS COMPANY AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BULLETIN BOARDS, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR ON THIRD-PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless said COMPANY its affiliates, their successors, transferees, assignees and licensees and their respective parent and subsidiary companies, agents, associates, officers, directors, shareholders and employees of each from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth herein.
Certain sections of the Site may allow you to purchase many different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. If you make a purchase from a merchant on the Site or on a site linked to by the Site, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant’s online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, may be collected by both the merchant and us. A merchant may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. In addition, when you purchase products or services on or through the Site, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that specifically apply to your purchase or use of such products or services. For more information regarding a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s website and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly. You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through the Site.
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our Site, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that COMPANY shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf through the Site. You agree to use the Site and to purchase services or products through the Site for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only. You also agree not to make any purchases for speculative, false or fraudulent purposes or for the purpose of anticipating demand for a particular product or service. You agree to only purchase goods or services for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally permitted to do so. When making a purchase for a third party that requires you to submit the third party’s personal information to us or a merchant, you represent that you have obtained the express consent of such third party to provide such third party’s personal information.
This Site may include a variety of features, such as bulletin boards, web logs, surveys, chat rooms, and email services, which allow feedback to us and real-time interaction between users, and other features which allow users to communicate with others. Responsibility for what is posted on bulletin boards, web logs, surveys, chat rooms, and other public posting areas on the Site, or sent via any email services on the Site, lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the material you post or send. We do not control the messages, information or files that you or others may provide through the Site. It is a condition of your use of the Site that you do not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site.
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site.
- Use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
- Use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
COMPANY may host message boards, chats, and other public forums on its Sites. Any user failing to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement may be expelled from and refused continued access to, the message boards, chats or other public forums in the future. COMPANY or its designated agents may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason. Message boards, chats and other public forums are intended to serve as discussion centers for users and subscribers. Information and content posted within these public forums may be provided by COMPANY staff, COMPANY’s outside contributors, or by users not connected with COMPANY, some of whom may employ anonymous user names. COMPANY expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages. Under no circumstances will we, our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through these forums. The opinions expressed in these forums are solely the opinions of the participants, and do not reflect the opinions of COMPANY or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
COMPANY has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of the content or postings on the message boards, chat rooms or other public forums on the Sites. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right to monitor the same at our sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any postings or content, in whole or in part, for any reason and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and to protect ourselves, our clients, sponsors, users and visitors.
To use certain features of the Site, you will need a username and password, which you will receive through the Site’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You are not to share passwords with anyone outside of your company. If your company is more than five people we ask that you contact us to purchase a site license to the course/program/product. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING ITS MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR MATERIALS.
THIS SITE IS CONTINUALLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
PARTICIPANT acknowledges and agrees that no representation has been made by COMPANY. OR ITS AFFILIATES and relied upon as to the future income, expenses, sales volume or potential profitability that may be derived from the participation in this PROGRAM.
We may cancel or terminate your right to use the Site or any part of the Site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms of Service, shall survive.
Your purchase of a product or service or ticket to an event may or may not provide for any refund. Each specific product, service, event or course will specify its own refund policy.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by COMPANY infringe your copyright, you, or your agent may send to COMPANY a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it be blocked. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon COMPANY actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send to COMPANY a counter-notice. All notices and counter notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. COMPANY’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement or counter notices can be reached utilizing the CONTACT link on this page.
This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of COMPANY and our respective assigns, successors, heirs, and legal representatives. Neither this Agreement nor any rights hereunder may be assigned without the prior written consent of COMPANY. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all rights and obligations under this Agreement may be freely assigned by COMPANY to any affiliated entity or any of its wholly owned subsidiaries
If you don’t take any action after buying COMPANY’s services (or any other program for that matter) there is no way it will work for you. We cannot guarantee your results, earnings, future earnings as a result of this program or give professional/legal advice.
When addressing financial matters in any of our websites, videos, newsletters, programs, courses, or other content, we’ve taken every effort to ensure that we accurately represent our services and their ability to grow your business and improve your life. However, the Company does not guarantee that you will get any results or earn any money using any of our ideas, tools, strategies or recommendations, and nothing on our Sites is a promise or guarantee to you of future earnings.
Effective May 10, 2021
How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). We only contact individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our free newsletters or have purchased one of our products. We collect personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration to receive our free newsletters and name, postal address, and credit card information when purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
We use the information we collect from you while you are using the Site in a variety of ways, including using the information to customize features. We will NOT provide your information to third parties, such as service providers and contractors.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
Our business is not directed to children under thirteen (13) years or age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
We are mainly using the information you provided to communicate with you, to understand and improve our products, promotional, administrative, advertising, protecting your rights and interests, and of course responding to your requests.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you use our website, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Other Web Site Analytics Services. Subject to your opt-out preferences (see Your Rights and Choices below), we use third party service providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and user interactions services to us in connection with our operation of our Platform, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors. You may opt-out of Google Analytics’ and other cookies using Opt-Out Features on their respective websites.
How do we store your information?
Your information is stored at the list server located in the United States via MailChimp or other services that delivers our newsletters. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive our newsletters.
All of the newsletters or bulk or automated emails that are sent to you by us include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website.
General Data Processing (GDP) Addendum
Effective May 10, 2021
This GDPR Data Processing Addendum, including the Standard Contractual Clauses referenced herein (“DPA”), is dated amends and supplements any existing and currently valid service agreement (the “Agreement”) either previously or concurrently made between you (together with subsidiary(ies) and affiliated entities, collectively, “Customer”) and Illustrada LLC (together with subsidiary(ies) and affiliated entities, collectively “Processor”) and sets forth other terms that apply to the extent any information you provide to Processor pursuant to the Agreement includes Personal Data (as defined below).
Terms used but not defined in this DPA, such as “personal data breach”, “processing”, “controller”, “processor” and “data subject”, will have the same meaning as set forth in Article 4 of the GDPR. In addition, the following definitions are used in the Addendum:
- “EU Data Protection Laws” means all laws and regulations of the European Union, the European Economic Area, their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, applicable to the processing of Personal Data under the Agreement, including (where applicable) the GDPR.
- “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data).
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and United Kingdom. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by referencing an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
- “Standard Contractual Clauses” means the model clauses for the transfer of personal data to processors established in third countries approved by the European Commission, the approved version of which is set out in the European Commission’s Decision 2010/87/EU of 5 February 2010 and at http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32010D0087, which clauses are incorporated herein by this reference.
This DPA is effective on the later of (a) the start of enforcement of the GDPR or (b) the date Processor begins to process Personal Data on behalf of Customer.
Data Processing Description
Exhibit A to this DPA describes the data exporter, data importer, data subjects, data categories, special data categories (if appropriate), the processing operations and the technical and organizational measures implemented by Processor to protect the Personal Data. For the purposes of the Standard Contractual Clauses, (a) Customer is the data exporter, and Customer’s execution of this DPA shall be treated as Customer’s execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses and appendices in this DPA; and (b) Processor is the data importer, and Processor’s execution of this DPA shall be treated as Processor’s execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses and appendices in this DPA.
GDPR Contractual Terms
Pursuant to Articles 28, 32 and 33 of the GDPR:
- Customer grants a general authorization to Processor to appoint its affiliates as sub-processors and a specific authorization to Processor and its affiliates to appoint as sub-processors third parties that provide reasonable technological and organizational safeguards to protect the Personal Data. Please contact us at using the CONTACT form on this website to request a list of our sub-processors and/or to subscribe to our sub-processor email updates. [Article 28(2)]
- Processor shall [Article 28(3)]:
- process the Personal Data only on documented instructions from Customer unless required to do so by European Union or Member State law to which Processor is subject; in such a case, Processor shall inform Customer of that legal requirement before processing, unless that law prohibits such information on important grounds of public interest.
- ensure that persons authorized to process the Personal Data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality.
- take all applicable and appropriate measures required of processors pursuant to Article 32 of the GDPR.
- taking into account the nature of the processing, assist Customer by appropriate technical and organizational measures, insofar as this is possible, for the fulfilment of the Customer’s obligation to respond to requests for exercising the data subject’s rights set forth in Chapter III of the GDPR. Processor may charge a fee (based on Processor’s reasonable costs) for responding to data subject requests under this Section 4(b)(iv).
- assist Customer in ensuring compliance with the obligations pursuant to Articles 32 to 36 of the GDPR, taking into account the nature of processing and the information available to Processor.
- at the direction of Customer, delete or return all the Personal Data to Customer after the end of the provision of services relating to processing, and delete existing copies unless European Union or Member State or United States law requires storage of the Personal Data; provided, however, that Processor may retain Personal Data for the length of any applicable statutes of limitations for the purposes of bringing or defending claims. Processor may charge a fee (based on Processor’s reasonable costs) for any data deletion under this Section 4(b)(vi).
- make available to Customer all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations set forth in Article 28 of the GDPR and allow for and contribute to audits, including inspections, conducted by Customer and immediately inform Customer if, in its opinion, an instruction infringes the GDPR or other European Union or Member State data protection provisions. Processor may charge a fee (based on Processor’s reasonable costs) for any audits under this Section 4(b)(vii).
- Where Processor engages another processor for carrying out specific processing activities on behalf of Customer, the same data protection obligations as set out in this DPA shall be imposed on that other processor by way of a contract or other legal act under European Union or Member State law, in particular providing sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that the processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR. [Article 28(4)]
- Taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, Customer and Processor shall implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. [Article 32(1)]
- In assessing the appropriate level of security, account shall be taken of the risks that are presented by processing, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. [Article 32(2)]
- Customer and Processor shall take steps to ensure that any natural person acting under the authority of Customer or Processor who has access to Personal Data does not process them except on instructions from Customer, unless he or she is required to do so by European Union or Member State law (or, in the case of Processor, United States law). [Article 32(4)]
- Processor shall notify Customer without undue delay after becoming aware of a Personal Data breach. [Article 33(2)] Such notice will, at a minimum, (A) describe the nature of the Personal Data breach including where possible, the categories and approximate number of data subjects concerned and the categories and approximate number of Personal Data records concerned; (B) communicate the name and contact details of the data protection officer or other contact where more information can be obtained; (C) describe the likely consequences of the personal data breach; and (D) describe the measures taken or proposed to be taken by the controller to address the personal data breach, including, where appropriate, measures to mitigate its possible adverse effects. [Article 33(3)] Processor’s notification or response under this Section 4(g) shall not be construed as an acknowledgement by Processor of any fault or liability with respect to such Personal Data breach.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that Processor is located in the United States and that Customer’s provision of Personal Data to Processor for processing is a transfer of Personal Data to the United States.
- All transfers of Customer Personal Data out of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the United Kingdom to countries that do not ensure an adequate level of data protection within the meaning of applicable data protection laws shall be governed by the Standard Contractual Clauses. The Standard Contractual Clauses, and Appendices 1 and 2 to the Standard Contractual Clauses set out in Exhibit A to this Addendum, are incorporated in this DPA by this reference solely as required with respect to Personal Data. Execution of this DPA by both parties includes execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses with respect to the processing of Personal Data.
Processing by Controller
Customer represents and warrants that the Personal Data provided to Processor for processing under the Agreement and this DPA is collected and/or validly obtained by Customer in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the EU Data Protection Laws, including without limitation Chapter II of the GDPR.
Limitation of Liability
Each party’s liability arising out of or related to this DPA, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of liability, is subject to the limitations of liability contained in the Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, each reference herein to the “DPA” means this DPA including its exhibits and appendices.
To the extent that it is determined by any data protection authority that the Agreement or this DPA is insufficient to comply with the applicable EU Data Protection Laws, or to the extent required otherwise by any changes in the applicable data protection laws, Customer and Processor agree to cooperate in good faith to amend the Agreement or this DPA or enter into further mutually agreeable data processing agreements in an effort to comply with any EU Data Protection Laws applicable to the Processor and Customer.
This DPA is without prejudice to the rights and obligations of the parties under the Agreement which shall continue to have full force and effect. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this DPA and the terms of the Agreement, the terms of this DPA shall prevail solely to the extent that the subject matter concerns the processing of Personal Data. This DPA does not confer any third-party beneficiary rights, is intended for the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns only, and is not for the benefit of, nor may any provision hereof be enforced by, any other person. This DPA only applies to the extent Processor processes Personal Data on behalf of Customer. Except as required under the GDPR, this DPA and any action related thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws principles. Except for disputes subject to arbitration as described in the Agreement, which provisions are incorporated herein by this reference, the parties consent to the personal jurisdiction of, and venue in, the courts of Mobile, Alabama. This DPA together with the Agreement is the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions and agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
Project Terms and Conditions
Each project I agree to undertake is governed by its own specific Scope of Work statement, as well as a statement of Terms and Conditions. Unless stated otherwise, these are the Terms and Conditions under which all work I do is governed. (Last updated 3/14/2021)